Accounting Specialist: Easton, MD
Posted: August 24, 2016
Category: Accounting, Administrative Assistant
- Compiles and sorts documents such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions including daily preparation/posting of all Customer payments and all Vendor invoices, and weekly preparation/processing of all Customer charge-backs and credit memos.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases. Resolve all differences between expected versus received Vendor invoices and Customer payments.
- Filing/scanning of all related paper documents; updating of all related electronic spreadsheets.
- Fully cross-trained between receivables and payable.
- Extracts general ledger information and prepares relevant month-end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions and/or researching issues related to accounts, procedures and services.
- Maintain comprehensive and complete procedures manual for all assigned tasks to ensure all tasks can be performed by qualified substitute personnel.